hey kids!! it’s monday!! the start of a brand new week. this is a chance to start over fresh, to attack the projects you’ve been working on with newfound determination. whatever you need to do this week, you can do it. whatever hurdles you need to clear this week, you can leap over them. whatever obstacles you’re facing this week, you can knock them down. keep going! you are strong and you are going to win!
This time last year I was unemployed, broke, and suicidal.
Today, I just got the keys to my first house.
Give it time.
Needed this today
when you hear people preach that it gets better, they aren’t joking. if it’s not better yet, it will be.
this post could literally be saving lives rn and that is why i love this website.
A little table to how to get rid of all that negative self-talk. We have to learn look at the good in situations too, instead of dwelling on things we can’t change- because you know what? We may not be able to change what is happening but we CAN change how we view it!
self-care suggestions beyond “have a bath”
- collect flowers for pressing
- plan a trip in great detail
- memorise a poem
- find and record sounds you love
- customise a piece of clothing
- read a book you loved from childhood
- have someone do your hair/paint your nails
- climb a tree (and spend some time there)
- find a free local event to go to
- visit an animal shelter
- try to recreate a great meal you once had
- record a fond memory
- do something you think you can’t do
I like to have white or ambient noise playing while I study, so I thought I’d share a list of my favourite websites in case anyone else was interested.
- Rainymood - Allows you to play rain, with suggestions of ambient music to play at the same time. Has an iOS and Android app, my personal favourite.
- Calm - A visually beautiful website. Provides moving backgrounds and an option for guided calm which allows you to immerse yourself in the music and to relax. Has a free app for iPhone. Another one of my favourites.
- Showertime - The experience of taking a shower without the water. Allows you to control features such as length of shower, size of room, water pressure, etc.
- Coffitivity - The background noise of a coffee shop. Allows you to choose between different locations such as lunchtime lounge, morning murmur etc. Has an app for iOS and Android as well as a desktop app for OS X.
- Soundrown - A website with a sleek minimalist design, allows you to choose between rain, coffee shop, ocean, fire, bird noises, or a combination of the five.
- Relaxing Snow - Visually beautiful falling snow, the website gives you the opinion to play music with the scenery, or to choose your own.
- Raining.Fm - This website gives you the ability to adjust the rain to exactly how you’d like it, with options to tweak thunder, rain and storm noises. Has an app for iOS and Android, as well as a timer and snooze option.
- Rain For Me - Simple rain effects with the option to download the audio files for offline listening.
- Snowy Mood - Inspired by Rainy Mood, this website really makes you feel like it’s winter. Perfect for playing while snuggled up in a warm bed.
- Rainy Cafe - Combines the sounds of a bustling cafe setting with the sounds of drizzling rain. Allows you to select the volume of each setting, or turn one off completely.
not just followers, everyone.
I’m here if any of you need to talk<3
The best part is, this post actually does something, it offers support, unlike one of those useless “reblog if you care” posts.(viaTumbleOn)